Monday, January 22, 2007

Secret Agent Cake




When my oldest son turned 6, he had the coolest spy themed party. We searched everywhere for a fun cake idea and came up with this briefcase. It was one of the easiest cakes I've ever made...just a half sheet frosted black with fondant details that I brushed edible silver powder on. My mom suggested making the magnifying glass out of sugar cookie dough. We drew a pattern onto the dough, cut it out, and cut a circle out of it. We then crushed pineapple lifesavers up into tiny pieces and baked them into the cut out hole. The result is that they melt clear, so you get a cool stained glass effect. I had to post a picture of the boys dressed up as spies for this party, because it's one of my all time favorite pics of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment