Thursday, October 16, 2008

Curious George Cake


My friend asked me to make a Curious George themed cake for her son who was turning 2. I was a bit nervous to make it, because I had never made a vegan cake before, and she had bought me a special vegan box cake to make. It was the Cherrybrook brand in a vanilla flavor and it was actually really delicious. I loved the buttery flavor and the unique texture it had. My favorite part about this cake is the little beach ball next to George. It just didn't look right with a one dimensional piped ball on the top since Curious George is 3D (it was a candle she gave me), so I rolled a little ball of fondant and piped the beach ball details onto it. It's funny how sometimes the best parts of a cake are the parts you really didn't plan on initially!

No comments:

Post a Comment