Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sweet Wedding Cake


My MOMS Club had a special wedding themed Moms' Night Out activity in July of this year. I offered to make a cake for it and came up with something I thought was very simple and sweet. This is a small wedding cake made entirely vanilla...layers of French vanilla and golden vanilla cake with my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting (I use Paula Deen's recipe b/c it has more butter than shortening and it tastes awesome). If I had it to do over, I would add a vanilla custard in between the layers. The topper is one of my favorite figurines from the "Pretty as a Picture" collection of keepsakes. I loved these so much that the characters were on my actual wedding invitations 12 years ago. It was great to see them atop this little cake.

2 comments:

  1. I love this cake! It looks so pretty. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake was DELICIOUS! Maybe one of my favorites you've made.

    ReplyDelete