Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Toy Story Cake



I came out of my self-declared "cake retirement" last week to make this little cake for my friend's son. He wanted a Toy Story themed cake and I saw this idea on some other blogs; thought it looked cute. I made the headboard and footboard out of sugar cookie dough (colored brown with food coloring), and the comforter for Andy's bed is made out of marshmallow fondant. I've been wanting to try to make marshmallow fondant forever, just never got around to it until now. It was pretty easy to make and I had fun using an embossing roller to give the quilted look to the comforter. The pillows are made out of little pieces of cake covered in frosting and then fondant. The figures are just a little plastic set my friend had bought at Target. Hope you had a great birthday, Jude!

1 comment: