Sunday, February 2, 2014

Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake

For as long as I can remember, my niece Brianna has loved the Littlest Pet Shop toys.  This year, my family was going to surprise her with a cake for her birthday (I couldn't go on the trip, so I made her a cake and sent it with them with her presents).  This was a cake that I came up with all in one day.  I had gone to Target to get her presents and found a cute, little stuffed LPS character (pictured below). I decided to turn him into a cake and do some good old-fashioned star-tipping work on it to bring it to life. I could not find an LPS shaped cake pan. I baked a big sheet cake and cut it out, then added cake to the muzzle area to give more dimension.  I made the eyes out of fondant.  I'm still not really sure what type of animal it is, though I'll bet Brianna does.  Anyway, I think it turned out cute & it was lots of fun to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment