Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean



My friend's son who was turning 7 wanted a Pirates of the Caribbean cake. She had originally planned to make his cake herself, so she had ordered a special edible image online that he loved. When she asked me to make it instead, she gave me the image to work with, and I was a bit unsure of how it would come out, since I'd never worked with one of those before. It was so cool! I was really surprised at how easy it was and how much I liked it. I don't think I'd use them all the time, but I definitely think they are a fantastic option if you need a whole lot of photographic-like detail on your cake. My favorite part of this one was the frosting I smoothed onto the sides. I loved the way the color of the buttercream came out. It took a lot of trial and error, but I eventually got the color to exactly match one of the reddish brown colors in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment