Monday, May 7, 2007

Superman!



When my middle son turned 4, he was completely absorbed in superheroes. He absolutely loved putting on his superman jammies with the cape and running around saving the day. I was lucky enough to find a vintage Wilton Superman pan at a yard sale which I picked up for a song. Sometimes you can find real treasures for cake decorating just by yard saling a bit. There's always someone's grandmother getting ready to retire her pans, so keep your eyes open for this stuff if you ever want to get into cake decorating. At this party, we had a kiddo coming with dairy allergies, and at the time I didn't know how to make a good non-dairy buttercream. We ended up making chocolate cupcakes with the superman stencil (my husband cut one out of cardstock) and powdered sugar. I loved the way they turned out. The biggest thing I remember about this cake was how sick I was when I made it! I had a really bad sore throat virus and was just miserable, but I was determined to make it through the party. If I had been feeling well, I'm sure I would have had a better plan for where to place his candle! It's now the running joke, when we look back at the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment