Monday, September 3, 2007

Girl Baby Shower Cake-Jungle Theme



One of my friends was throwing a baby shower for our mutual friend a couple of years ago and she asked if I would make the cake for it. This was the guest of honor's 2nd child (1st baby girl), and she is very modern, sophisticated, and likes clean lines. I tried to match the design of the cake to the invitations for the shower, which had the nursery colors of lavender and green in them. The invitations had little jungle animals in the pastel colors (lions, giraffes, etc.), and so I free hand piped them onto pure white vanilla buttercream. I then measured where the lines would be piped for that part of the design, spacing over exactly 1 1/2 inches so that it would look neat and perfect. In the end, I felt this cake really reflected her style and was a nice centerpiece at the shower, so I was happy with it and I could tell she loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment