Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crazy Monkey



When my middle son who is obsessed with monkeys turned 5, we had this huge monkey birthday party for him at the park. We hired someone to come out in a monkey suit and play games with the kids. It was super fun. He wanted the craziest looking monkey we could come up with for his cake, so here it is. I didn't like the way it looked at all, but he loved it, so that's what matters. Many of the details on the monkey face are made out of homemade modeling chocolate. This was my first time making modeling chocolate and I couldn't believe how easy it was to make or how much fun it was to work with. I found the idea for the cupcakes online and tried to copy it and the cupcakes went to his preschool class celebration. They were a big hit! His favorites were the ones with the red m & m eyes because they looked the craziest to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment