Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gumballs for Griffin


When we got back from our summer vacation, I stumbled back into cake decorating from a brief hiatus and made this little gumball cake for my good friend Amy's son, Griffin. He was turning seven and has a great love of gumball machines, so it was his wish to have a small family style celebration with a gumball theme. It only took about 20 minutes to decorate this cake (what a refreshing change from some of my 3 day decorating cakes!) I thought it was really cute and we did the inside of the cake with rainbow colored batter with different fruit flavors...I added orange, lemon, and strawberry extracts to the batter and bright vivid food colors. Amy said it tasted good and Griffin really liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't get to watch this one in the making but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete