Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ballerina Bunnies


Last weekend was my daughter's ballet recital. I had volunteered to make a special cake for the occasion and ended up with this. My husband (loyal fondant animal sculptor) made the bunnies and I drew faces and slippers on them using my edible markers and dressed them in little tutus made of tulle. The cake itself was butter recipe yellow with a vanilla pudding filling and vanilla buttercream. The girls had dressed as bunnies, flowers, and pretended to be butterflies throughout this "Spring" themed recital, so that's why all 3 of those elements are on the cake. It was very cute to see the girls checking themselves out in bunny form on the cake (there were 6 girls, thus the 6 fondant bunnies). I was glad to be able to help out!

1 comment:

  1. The cake was great and watching the real bunnies do their dancing was great fun! Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete