Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spencer's Lego Cake





This Saturday, my oldest child turned 10 and we celebrated with a Lego party. My kids and my husband are all addicted to Legos right now, so our house has been somewhat of a mini Legoland, and the party reflected that. I wanted to do something much more elaborate with this theme for his cake, but he's old enough and opinionated enough now to dictate his own design. This is exactly what he asked for...a 10" round with the Lego logo on a yellow colored buttercream background (Devil's Food chocolate cake) with a simple outline of black piping around the top and bottom edges. I also made these Lego mini fig cake pops that I saw a picture of on Bakerella.com...we gave one to each of the party guests to take home. I thought they turned out cute. The best part of this cake was the cake table (my kitchen island), which had a lego train track positioned around it for the party. The train ran around the cake and was really cool looking (kind of jazzed up an otherwise boring cake)...

1 comment:

  1. Fun and tasty cake!! The kids all had a great time and the train was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete