Thursday, July 28, 2011

Harry Potter Cake



So, this is my tribute to the Harry Potter Series...a birthday cake for my #1 fan, Griffin (or Griffindor as I called him in my mind all week while working on this cake :). I was intrigued with the messenger owls, particularly Harry's friend Hedwig, so I wanted to feature her in this cake.
The books in the back are covered in marshmallow fondant and the scarf is made of marshmallow fondant. I used edible gold spray paint to do the pages and I also painted edible silver leaf on the wings and feathers of the owl. The owl wings are made out of gumpaste that I rolled out very thin and let dry on a roll of paper towels so that they would be curved. The tiny gold stars are edible and came from Wilton. At the end, I dusted the whole thing in edible glitter.
Hope you have a magical birthday, Griff!

No comments:

Post a Comment