Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Cake


Today I tried a new recipe that I found online. I had tasted some "orange dreamsicle" cupcakes at a cupcake shop this summer and really wanted to try making something like them in the form of a big cake. One of my best friends was having a birthday today and she happens to love fruit; she's always making this mandarin orange chicken salad for dinner it seems, so I thought she might like this. The recipe is at this web address (I baked it in rounds instead of the recommended 13 x9 pan):
http://busycooks.about.com/od/sheetcakes/r/orangecreamsiclecake.htm?p=1
I made the little creamsicle pops and center orange out of gumpaste and the orange slices around the border were little gummy candies I found in the candy aisle of our Walmart.
Happy Birthday, Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment