Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Storm Soccer Cake

Yesterday was my daughter's end of season soccer party and I was asked to make a cake for the occasion.  Since their colors are blue and white and the team name is "Storm,"  I looked around online and found a logo we liked for a different storm soccer team.  I printed out the logo, laid it on top of the cake, traced around the outer edge with a toothpick, and then free-hand piped the rest on in black.  Then I came around the black with blue using a slightly bigger writing tip (I think it was the number 3).  Around the sides of the cake, I piped each girl's name and jersey number to sort of fill in some of the white space, not realizing that each one of them would want a piece with her name.  The coach cut the cake and had to cut in all around to get each one their names, so it was pretty well butchered by the time I saw it :)  (I had had to leave the party during the cake cutting portion to go pick up another kid from orchestra practice).  It was cute and the girls really seemed to like it.  Go Storm!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the part where each girl wanted the cake section with her name on it! Great cake!

    ReplyDelete