Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Springtime in Paris cake




This week is Teacher Appreciation week and the PTO asked me to do a cake for it.  The theme of the teacher's lounge is "Paris in the Springtime."  The black and white cut outs are pieces of the Wilton sugar sheets (they have a pretty black and white scroll). The middle tier has my attempt at chantilly lace (2nd time I've ever tried that).  The poodles are fondant cut outs embellished with buttercream piped details.  They are my favorite part of the cake and they were an after thought (funny how that happens sometimes).  I thought it turned out cute and my daughter could not stop saying "Mom, it's soooooooo pretty."  She is not used to me doing "pretty cakes."  lol :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree - sooooooo pretty! Looks awesome and I also love the poodles. :)

    ReplyDelete